Vehicle Ride and Handling CAE
To represent an accurate engineering model, different structures or components require different types of FEA meshing techniques. A quality mesh is a prerequisite for reliable CFD and FE analyses projects as is a thorough comprehension of the effect of a mesh on a result. The mesh influences the accuracy, convergence and speed of the solution. Meshing is an integral part of the computer-aided engineering simulation and an optimized process helps in:
- Reduce cost: In order to sell products in emerging and price-sensitive market the global OEM’s must reduce their cost of their products to remain competitive. Utilizing skilled engineering resources to reduce the cost of engineering activities.
- Reduce time: Multiple resources dedicated to maintaining project timings, best practice procedures and experience result in significantly reduced turnaround time.
- Advanced procedures: Advanced meshing procedures using high end meshing tools that cater to all physics provide the flexibility to produce meshes that range in complexity from pure hex to highly detailed hybrid
Invariably when looking to outsource meshing activities companies are forced to choose between competence and price. A common experience of companies that have tried outsourcing to simulation providers based in emerging economies is that the promised cost savings never materialize. This can be due to a number of factors including:
- significant amount of preparation work required to “package” the work sufficiently;
- significant management overhead to oversee the provider;
- rework or work that is not up to the desired quality;
- late delivery.